- Churches and Clergy in the Area. List of local churches and clergy with contact numbers, addresses and service times.
- Support Groups. A short list of common support groups in South Walton with meeting times, locations, contacts and other basic information. For support groups outside of South Walton, check out the Mental Health Association’s website.
- [Coming Soon] Resource Guides. Downloadable and printable PDF files listing resources available in our area.
More Ways to Find Help…
211 Directory of Local Resources | 850-892-4357 (HELP)
- You can search by town or zip code, need a zip code–click to see a larger version of the zip map.
- 211 has an on-call mental health professional through Chataqua Healthcare Services who is available to talk 24/7.
Caring & Sharing of South Walton | 850-267-2866
- Caring and Sharing will provide food for any individual or family in need in Walton County, and limited clothing, utility (with a disconnect notice), or prescription assistance to those in need in south Walton County. Hours of assistance are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. More help, as well as spiritual support, can be accessed by contacting the SoWal Community Chaplain.
- Communities of Transformation is a weekly program for individuals and families who seek extra community support as they navigate a life transition or seek to find greater health and stability. COT meets every Tuesday evening from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Good News United Methodist Church in Santa Rosa Beach (4747 US Hwy 98) and includes free dinner and childcare. The 12-week “Awaken class” and volunteer training classes are offered beginning each September and February, after which graduates of the Awaken class are matched with volunteers in small groups for “Phase 2” of ongoing support, learning, and leadership development. COT is a program offered in nine other cities in Alabama. For more information, visit www.communitiesoftransformation.org or contact the Site Coordinator at email@example.com.
Mental Health Association of Okaloosa and Walton Counties | 850-244-1040
- The Mental Health Association of Okaloosa/Walton Counties provides an array of mental health services including Wellness Recovery programs, Family to Family classes, Okaloosa Veteran’s Court, Ombudsman services, Crisis Intervention Training, Resource and Referral, assistance with purchasing psychiatric medicines, and Social Security application assistance. Their website has a mental health provider directory, as well as many other resources. Call for help locating a mental health provider.
- A SoWal community website that contains information about a variety of local nonprofits and organizations.