Rev. Emily Proctor is an ordained Presbyterian minister, living in Santa Rosa Beach with her husband and two young children. A member of the South Walton Ministerial Association, she also serves part-time as the pastor of Red Bay Presbyterian Church and a volunteer chaplain for the South Walton Fire District and Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast.
Her training and experience cover a wide variety of ministry settings, including:
- Master of Divinity from Columbia Theological Seminary in Decatur, GA with distinction in the areas of academic achievement, pastoral care, preaching, and Old Testament Studies
- Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) at the Metro State Women’s Prison in Atlanta
- Pastoral internship at Skyland Trail, a treatment facility for adults with psychiatric disorders in Atlanta
- Continuing education in the areas of community organizing, interfaith spirituality, pre-marital counseling, conflict mediation, coaching, Wellness Recovery Action Plans (WRAP), and Critical Incident Stress Management/Individual and Group Crisis Intervention.
- Serving churches in South Africa, Baltimore (MD), Mobile (AL), and Jacksonville (FL)
- Experience providing pastoral care for the homeless, incarcerated and HIV+ individuals.